I love participating in designer events. It is an opportunity to work with a fun loving and creative group of people. This one was called “Collaborating For Success.” It was organized by ToTheTradeOnly and had a whole new twist . . . it was almost like that HGTV show “Design Star.” Each designer chose a small space.
Unlike show homes, their resources were limited to a specific group of participating vendors. These vendors had particular products that they made available to either donate, give or lend. It was up to the designers to work with these and create a space that would knock your socks off! In my mind, this is a very difficult design challenge . . . work with what you’ve got, not with what you can buy. I am always amazed at how a great designer has the vision to make something special out of nothing.
The evening of the event was filled with design inspiration thanks to all of the creative and talented participants. Needless to say, our space was a hit! The ladies’ room was not a place where the girls could retreat for privacy. Every gentleman was opening the door wanting to see what we had done!
We were able to create formal elegance that would be suitable for any black tie affair. To quote one of the guests, “It has become a place that is beautiful enough for a champagne toast!”
Let us know what you think. Be sure to post your comments below. For more transformations, explore my faux finish projects.
Contributors to this space
- Liquid Design Studios, Rachael Young, 404-348-4406, www.liquiddesignstudiosllc.com
- ToTheTradeOnly, Barbara English, 404-536-0664, email@example.com
- True Source Cabinets, Kevin Kremer 678-494-0110, www.truesourcecabinets.com
- Old Castle Surfaces, Julie Brewer, 404-355-3108, www.oldcastlepg.com
- Masterpiece Lighting, Phil Sherer, 404-207-1950, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atlanta Daltile, Leslie Dean, 404-355-0158, email@example.com
- LeFais Do-Do Event Center, Marie Andjuar, 404-387-3027, www.lefaisdodo.com